I'm Ali Emswiller and I have the honor of serving as President of Jagathon: IUPUI's Dance Marathon! I'm so excited to share Jagathon with each of you and invite you into IUPUI's journey of supporting pediatric research at Riley Hospital for Children.
Some Background on Jagathon...
- Jagathon is a yearlong movement on IUPUI's campus to support Riley Hospital for Children, a very worthy cause.
- We participate in this by fundraising throughout the entire year. One of our main goals is to be able to provide the largest financial gift to the Herman B. Wells Center for Pediatric Research.
- We also work year-round to stay engaged with the wonderful families of Riley Hospital for Children.
About my Jagathon journey...
- During my freshman year, I attended Jagathon 2015 as a dancer. I served as a "Riley Buddy" during the marathon, which meant that I was a Riley Family's host to Jagathon. Getting to know Naomi Rankin and her family was such a blessing. Naomi's story of courage in times of medical hardship is a true inspiration. We began our friendship at Jagathon and have stayed in touch ever since!
- Immediately after attending Jagathon in 2015, I knew that I had to get involved even more. I joined the Family Relations Committee that Spring and then became a member of the Executive Board a few months later.
- After Jagathon 2016, I was offered the position of Vice President of Finance. I loved working closely with the financial efforts of Jagathon and overseeing 6 impressive directors, who then oversaw coordinators and committee members.
- In March of 2017, I transitioned into the role of President of Jagathon. I'm so humbled to have been entrusted to lead this committee to make Jagathon 2018 a record breaking year. It's all FTK! (For the Kids!)
How YOU Can Help!
- You can help by making a donation of any amount to pediatric research! Every donation makes a huge difference and helps provide treatments, therapies, and even cures for some of the most unimaginable illnesses.
- There are many ways to make a donation. You can click the "Donate Now" button on this page and make an online donation through this quick and easy process. If you prefer to write a check, those can be made out to Riley Children's Foundation. Additionally, if you prefer to make a cash donation, that is certainly an option as well!
My Personal Web Log